A little bit of mystery was lost when Ford unveiled both the Bronco and Bronco Sport SUVs on the very same day, but the Bronco Sport is not just a "Baby Bronco," and the debate between the two is not just an either/or situation.
Exterior and Interior Size and Styling
One of the main differences between the 2022 Ford Bronco and 2022 Ford Bronco Sport is their size. The Bronco Sport is only offered in one, four-door size, while the Bronco comes in both two-door and four-door variations.
|Bronco 2-Door||Bronco 4-Door||Bronco Sport|
|Wheelbase||255 cm||295 cm||267 cm|
|First Row Legroom||109.5 cm||109.5 cm||107 cm|
|Second Row Legroom||90.7 cm||92.2 cm||93.6 cm|
|Passenger Volume||2,803.36 L (hardtop)||2,936.45 L (hardtop)||2,992 L (base roof)|
|Cargo Volume behind Second Row||634.3 L (hardtop)||1,008.1 L (hardtop)||920 L (base roof)|
In a Ford Bronco size comparison, the 2022 Ford Bronco Sport slides into the picture between the 2-door and 4-door Bronco models. In terms of styling, the Bronco Sport offers a more mainstream look both inside and out, blending in with other SUVs while still standing out with its Bronco design.
On the other hand, the Bronco is more exaggerated with its exterior styling and more streamlined inside where the dashboard is straight across the cabin with the touchscreen infotainment system mounted in the dash instead of sitting on top.
Powertrain and Engine Output
Ford offers two powertrain options for both the Bronco and Bronco Sport, allowing drivers to choose which best fits their needs and driving style.
The larger Bronco can be configured with either:
• A 2.3-litre turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder engine with 270 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque
• A 2.7-litre twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 with 310 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque
The Bronco Sport offers plenty of power through two turbocharged engine options:
• A 1.5-litre turbocharged EcoBoost three-cylinder with 181 horsepower and 190 lb-ft of torque
• A 2.0-litre turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder with 245 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque
As a vehicle designed for maximum off-road capability, the 2022 Ford Bronco offers the larger and more powerful engine options with engine output that will allow you to tackle the toughest terrain. While the Bronco Sport can handle some lighter off-road work, it is better designed for on-road use, which is highlighted by its powertrains and better fuel economy.
The Bronco gets some serious off-road perks thanks to:
• Control-arm front suspension
• Optional front anti-roll bar disconnect device
• Rear live axle
• Locking front and rear differentials
• Available underbody armouring
• Max towing capability of 1,587 kg
The Bronco Sport’s capability continues to shine on-road with:
• A fully independent front strut and rear multilink suspension
• Unibody construction
• Max towing capability of 997 kg
Ford has modeled and labeled the trim levels of the 2022 Bronco and 2022 Bronco Sport after their capabilities and the terrain they can tackle, rather than their set of standard features. Each model is suited to a different type of adventure.
For the 2022 Ford Bronco, these are the trim levels and starting prices:
• Base - Ideal for customisation
• Big Bend - A blend of mainstream on-road SUV with off-road culture
• Black Diamond - Next-level outdoor adventure
• Outer Banks - Off-roading in style
• Badlands - Extreme off-roading
• Wildtrak - Testing your thrill capacity
For the 2022 Ford Bronco Sport, these are the trim levels and starting prices:
• Base - Authentic Bronco Sport experience
• Big Bend - Enhanced utility, technology, and convenience
• Outer Banks - Comfort and class
• Badlands - Freedom to wander
If you want to take your vehicle off the beaten path on a regular basis, a Bronco model is a better option than the more on-road-focused Bronco Sport. If you want more style and second glances on the highway or city streets, the Bronco Sport is the right choice.
Technology and Safety Features
Comparing entry-level models of the Bronco and Bronco Sport, the Bronco wins for technology features while the Bronco Sport wins for safety.
|2022 Bronco||2022 Bronco Sport|
|8.0-inch or 12.0-inch||Touchscreen and Software||8.0-inch|
|Sync 4||Infotainment Software||Sync 3|
|Additional Tech Features||Apple CarPlay
|N/A||Standard Safety Features||Blind-spot monitoring
Rear cross-traffic alert
Differences Between Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport
Both the 2022 Ford Bronco and 2022 Ford Bronco Sport have a lot of great features and capabilities to offer drivers. However, it is easy to see that the Bronco is built for off-road play while the Bronco Sport is built mainly for on-road driving with some light off-road duty here and there. Both are great, versatile vehicles, but you will want to examine the differences carefully before choosing either the Bronco or Bronco Sport in Brampton.